Does that sound like a new Pixar flick about a superhero family? The point is, lets make today unofficial music videos day. The first is a fan-made video created for Brooklyn-slash-Austin rising stars Neon Indian, whom Ed Droste of Grizzly Bear just included as a recent favorite on the playlist he compiled for designer Jeremy Laing runway show. The video pulls together some decidedly lo-fi footage, a fitting accompaniment for Neon Indians decidedly lo-fi pop approach, to create the perfect audio/visual soundtrack to the end of summer.
Speaking of Grizzly Bear, heres the other video, done with their single ‘Two Weeks,’ which is some truly inspired work from a guy named Gabe Askew. This is fully unofficial, but apparently endorsed by the band (Eds tweeted about it). Anyway, how could you NOT like this? And, as a postscript, its also tough not to love the following interview with the guys, excerpted below:
- Chris B: I got a Nintendo DS a week ago.
- Interviewer: How you likin’ that?
- Chris B: I think it’s pretty fun. It’s very kid-y, but I like it.
- Interviewer: well, that’s just like, Nintendo in general, right? I’m always like, well I gotta buy that, or the PSP and I’m nah, well I’m just not gonna get either.
- Ed: I think none of us were feeling our video game spirits until we went on the road and we had a LOT of time to kill–and then suddenly, I made everyone pull over to Wal Mart and I was like, “I MUST buy Zelda and a Gameboy.” ‘Cause I was just like going crazy in the back of the car, just sitting there, for like, 10 hours across North Dakota–
- Daniel: –well if you’d just talk to me…
- All: [snickering]
- Daniel: I’m HERE for you… I’ll have a conversation…
- Chris T: Find out what’s inside of Dan!
- Ed: There’s nothing to learn from you. [scoffs] Just kidding. You have a lot of inner beauty.
- Daniel: …I CARE for you…
- Interview: Portable gaming devices are taking away from the band as a family.
- Daniel: How are we going to DEVELOP as a FAMILY?